We’ve developed a Magento 2 extension which creates a seamless experience between your Vue Storefront catalog and your Magento 2 checkout. This will give you some flexibility in choosing the checkout and payment providers that fit your customers needs.
New Magento 2 extension for Vue Storefont: Easier configuration for integration with the Magento checkout
Redirecting your visitors to the Magento checkout instead of using the default Vue Storefront checkout, gives you a lot of flexibility. We’ve developed a Magento 2 extension which creates a seamless experience between your Vue Storefront catalog and your Magento 2 checkout. Divante already created an integration between the Vue Storefront cart and the Magento checkout, but we felt the user experience could be better.
Our extension gives some extra possibilities on top of the Divante integration
As shown above you can use the extension to allow only certain URLs and certain layout handles. Making sure the end user only gets access to the checkout and not to the other pages of the Magento installation. Users are also redirected back to the Vue Storefront PWA once they click on the store logo or try to access blocked pages.
Using this extension you can choose a checkout of your own, linking or make modifications in a familiar environment. This way you also get a lot more choice in payment service providers.
See how it works
Our extension makes sure the Vue Storefront adaption gets easier for agencies. That’s why we decided to open source it. In the above mentioned case we've used the following extensions for the checkout.
- Divante external checkout (fork, with checkout configuration)
- Magento 2 clean checkout
- Magento 2 checkout only module
Advantages of using the extension:
- Instead of being redirected to the Magento 2 success page, the end user is redirected to a Vue Storefront success page, which also clears the cart content after completing the order. So the end user starts with a clean shopping session after a successful payment.
- You still have the awesome advantages of the PWA front-end for browsing the catalog and other pages.
- Gives you flexibility on top of the existing Divante integration.
- Very easy to customize. Choose your own desired checkout.
- Open source and maintained module.
For more information checkout the Github repo.
Would you like to know more about PWA?
With a Progressive Webb Application you get best of both worlds, a web and app in one application. Offering your customers the best user-experience on all devices. Want to know more? You can read more about Progressive Web Apps and even check out the very first Dutch Vue Storefront Magento 2 PWA webshop, developed by us! Contact us directly if you want more information.